Some of the world’s greatest athletes and runners have come from the world of track and field. Allow these inspirational track running quotes to motivate you.
The world of track running is filled with talented, dedicated athletes who push themselves to their limits, breaking records and overcoming personal obstacles. These individuals serve as powerful sources of motivation and inspiration, sharing valuable insights on discipline, hard work, and self-belief. Track running quotes have the power to motivate and move aspiring athletes, whether it’s through the wise words of a seasoned athlete or the determined sentiments of a novice runner.
Furthermore, track running quotes transcend the world of sports, resonating with individuals of all ages and walks of life. They serve as a reminder that no matter the race, embracing challenges and pursuing one’s goals is a journey worth taking. Whether we’re facing a challenging workout or tackling the hurdles in our lives, these quotes provide uplifting and thought-provoking perspectives that can change one’s outlook and fuel the drive to reach new heights. You might also be inspired by these encouraging running quotes.
Quotes From Track Running Legends
Usain Bolt, known as the fastest man on earth, has had a significant impact on the world of track running. Here are some motivational and inspiring quotes from him:
- “Worrying gets you nowhere. If you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost. Train hard, turn up, run your best, and the rest will take care of itself.”
- “Don’t think about the start of the race. Think about the ending.”
Florence Griffith Joyner
Florence Griffith Joyner, also known as “Flo-Jo,” was an American track and field athlete who captured the world’s attention with her incredible speed and style. Here are some of her memorable quotes:
- “When anyone tells me I can’t do anything, I’m just not listening anymore.”
- “I believe in the impossible because no one else does.”
Carl Lewis, a dominant track and field athlete in the 1980s and 1990s, won numerous gold medals in multiple Olympic games. Here are some quotes from him that showcase his strong mindset and dedication to the sport:
- “If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way not to win.”
- “My thoughts before a big race are usually pretty simple. I tell myself: Get out of the blocks, run your race, stay relaxed. If you run your race, you’ll win… channel your energy. Focus.”
Steve Prefontaine was a record-breaking long-distance runner, having competed in the 1972 Summer Olympics. Here are some of his most inspiring quotes:
- “You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.”
- “A race is a work of art that people can look at and be affected in as many ways they’re capable of understanding.”
Mindset And Mental Toughness Quotes
Running is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical one. It’s important for athletes to develop their mental toughness and maintain a positive mindset in order to unlock their full potential on the track. Here are some insightful quotes that can inspire runners, both novice and experienced:
- “Mental toughness is finding fuel on an empty tank.” – Kent Morris
- “Pushing for a third wind, when you know you only have two… that is mental toughness.” – Nate Lee Morales
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” – Alex Karras
- “There is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
Quotes About Self-Doubt And Failure
Failure, self-doubt, and obstacles are all inevitable aspects of sports, including track running. These quotes remind us that overcoming these challenges is an integral part of the journey:
- “You’re gonna fail, you’re gonna be in your head, and you’re gonna be saying I’m not good enough. It’s about how you overcome that.” – David Goggins
- “Don’t judge your running by your speed.” – Amby Burfoot
Quotes On Setting Goals And Achieving Success
Successful runners set goals. These quotes can provide guidance and encouragement for those training in track running and striving to reach their goals:
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them.” – Stephen Covey
- “Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it.” – John Carmack
- “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
If you liked this post, you might be interested in these coffee and running quotes. You can also check out our round-up of Hatha yoga quotes.
This article was researched with the help of OpenAI and fact-checked and edited by our human editor.