If you’re feeling bored, you’re likely to cycle home sooner, which is why cyclists listen to music, so we’ve rounded up the best music devices for cycling.
Cycling is an excellent way to stay fit and enjoy the outdoors. For many individuals, a good soundtrack is a key component to a great ride. With the vast array of music devices available today, it can be overwhelming to find the best option for listening to tunes while cycling safely and comfortably.
In this article, we will explore some of the best music devices designed specifically for cycling enthusiasts. These gadgets provide not only crisp sound and a comfortable fit but also feature practical designs that ensure optimal safety and do not disrupt your biking experience. Let’s dive in.
What To Look For In The Best Music Devices For Cycling
When searching for the best music devices for cycling, there are several essential features to consider for optimizing your listening experience while ensuring safety on the road:
- Quality sound is a must-have, so choose a device that produces clear audio.
- For safety reasons, it’s crucial to stay aware of your surroundings. Consider a device with ambient noise awareness that allows you to hear sounds around you while enjoying your music.
- A comfortable and secure fit prevents the device from falling out while cycling. Consider earbuds with adjustable hooks or bands for an optimized fit.
- Long-lasting battery life is essential for extended rides. Make sure the device can hold a charge for several hours without needing a recharge.
- Cycling may expose you to rain or sweat, so having a water-resistant device is advantageous.
- A device with Bluetooth capabilities allows for wireless operation and compatibility with smartphones or cycling computers.
- Easy-to-use controls for adjusting the volume or changing tracks while cycling.
- Integration with voice assistants like Siri or Google Assistant.
- A lightweight design for added comfort.
How To Pick The Best Music Devices For Cycling
When it comes to choosing a music device for cycling, riders have various options that cater to different needs and preferences. So, you will have to select a device that’s perfect for your needs, whether it’s an MP3 player or bone-conduction headphones.
When selecting the best music devices for cycling, it’s important to consider features such as audio quality, comfort, and safety. In general, cyclists should prioritize devices that allow them to stay connected to their surroundings while still providing a pleasing audio experience.
Remember, it’s all about finding the best balance between budget and quality to meet your needs while out on the road or trail. Check out our round-up of fun things to do while running.
Diver Waterproof MP3 Player
The Diver Waterprood MP3 player is lightweight and affordable but gets the job done. The small LCD screen allows you to scroll through songs so you can pick the right playlist.
It’s also waterproof, making it suitable for swimming and for cycling in all weather conditions. It can track your swim strokes as you prepare for a triathlon. You might also be interested in learning about these famous track cyclists.
- Now with swimometer to track your strokes during swimming.
- Compatible with Win 2000/Win XP/Vista/Win 7/MAC OS X. Easy USB 2.0 Interface.
- Plays MP3 & WMA Format Files. Built-in FM Radio Audio.
- Net player weight only 21 grams (Not Including Earphones).
- Includes one set of waterproof earphones. Built-In Li-ion Battery.
Sandisk Clip Sport Plus
The Sandisk Clip Sport Plus easily clips onto your clothes, so you don’t need to worry about losing your device during your cycle. You can listen to your own music or connect to the FM radio. With the ability to store up to 8,000 songs, you’ll never be bored.
It’s also great for triathlons as it’s waterproof. It works with Bluetooth, so you can link it to wireless earbuds. You might find our explainer on when to take energy gels during a triathlon useful.
- Water-resistant wearable MP3 player. (IEC 60529 IPX5: Tested to withstand water flow (12.5L/min) at 3 min. Must be clean and dry before use.)
- Works with Bluetooth wireless technology headsets and speakers or use the included lightweight earphones
- Lightweight; clips to your clothes or gear
- 32GB capacity; stores up to 8000 songs (1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage capacity less.) (Based on 3.5 min songs @ 128kbps bitrate. Approximations: results will vary based on file attributes and other factors.)
- Built-in FM radio (FM radio functionality requires wired earphones.)
Nothing is more frustrating than your earbuds falling out during a cycle, especially if they’re wireless, as you can easily lose them. For this reason, many cyclists swear by bone-conduction music devices.
These headphones transmit sound vibrations through your cheekbones, leaving your ears open to hear ambient noise. This ensures that you stay aware of your surroundings while enjoying your tunes.
The AfterShokz Xtrainerz device has an eight-hour battery life, so you can use it for several rides before recharging. It also offers four GB of storage for your music and supports WMA, AAC, WAV, and MP3 files.
- Open-Ear Design - Patented bone conduction technology delivers audio through the cheekbone, for a comfortable and secure fit. Bud-free listening and headphones that stay in place for every stroke.
- Internal Music Storage - Load your favorite audio and dive into your workout with 4GB of built-in MP3 storage, holding up to 1,200 songs. Not compatible with Bluetooth or audio streaming services.
- 8-Hour Battery Life - Enjoy 8 continuous hours of premium audio while you’re cross-training.
- IP68 Waterproof Rating - Fully waterproof, Xtrainerz headphones perform in and out of the water. Submersible in depths up to 2 meters for 2 hours.
- Exclusive Swim Pack - Includes Xtrainerz bone conduction headphones and AfterShokz branded swim cap.
A budget-friendly option is the Vidonn F1. These bone-conduction headphones ensure your ears remain open for better situational awareness while still enjoying your favorite tunes. With an ergonomic design and water resistance, these headphones cater to cycling enthusiasts without breaking the bank.
With a six-hour battery life, they can get the most dedicated cyclists through their workouts with time to spare. They can also sit on standby for up to ten days if you don’t have the time to get out.
Although the iPod shuffle is by no means a new device, it has endured for a reason. With the familiar Apple interface, there will be no learning curve for many cyclists. It also clips onto clothes, so you don’t need to worry about finding storage space on your bike or placing it in your pocket.
We considered a range of devices from MP3 players to bone conduction devices to ensure there was something for everyone. We looked for durable, water-proof models to keep the most adventurous cyclists happy.
We also considered prices, reviews, functions, and versatility. If you liked this post, you might also be interested in our Ocra transition bag review.
Why You Can Trust Me
Finding the perfect music device for cycling requires balancing audio quality, comfort, and safety features. Researching and trying out different options can help you find the best fit for your cycling needs and preferences. To save you time, we narrowed the choices down.
This article was researched with the help of OpenAI and fact-checked and edited by our human editor.