Yoga pants are form-fitting, so should you wear underwear with yoga pants? In this article, we’ll explore the arguments for going with and without underwear.
When I first began practicing yoga, the first thing I noticed was that yoga pants are super comfortable. With yoga pants, you don’t ever have to worry about rolling up or adjusting, but since they’re form-fitting, should you wear underwear with yoga pants? The topic of underwear vs. no underwear is hotly debated, but it’s mostly a matter of preference. You might find our explainer on what to do after hot yoga helpful.
- 1 Benefits Of Not Wearing Underwear With Yoga Pants
- 2 Drawbacks Of Not Wearing Underwear With Yoga Pants
- 3 What To Consider When Going Commando
- 4 FAQs About Should You Wear Underwear With Yoga Pants?
Benefits Of Not Wearing Underwear With Yoga Pants
- There will be no visible panty line.
- It may reduce the risk of injury or infections.
- Less risk of allergic reactions.
Drawbacks Of Not Wearing Underwear With Yoga Pants
- Your yoga pants will need to be washed after every use.
- Your body could come into closer contact with potentially irritating surfaces.
- Synthetic fabric can obstruct airflow to your sensitive area.
What To Consider When Going Commando
Some vaginal discharge is normal; it’s how our body stays clean. With that said, if you have sweat or discharge from practicing yoga, you are at greater risk of infection or infections. If you liked this post, you might like our round-up of the best yoga outfit ideas.
- Clean after every use. If you opt not to wear underwear while doing yoga, be sure to wash your yoga pants after every use. This will remove the bacteria that accumulate during your session.
- Choose moisture-wicking fabrics. Most yoga pants are made with spandex, nylon, or other synthetic materials. Because of this, they prohibit good airflow to your sensitive area.
- Consider cotton yoga pants. Cotton is absorbent and breathable.
- Check out silver-infused fabric. Silver serves as an antibacterial agent.
- Make sure your yoga pants are thick. Thicker yoga pants will protect you from the germs and bacteria that lurk on surfaces.
FAQs About Should You Wear Underwear With Yoga Pants?
Do you have to wear underwear with leggings?
You don’t have to wear underwear with yoga pants if you’d rather go commando. If you don’t want to wear underwear, consider buying yoga pants with a built-in panty liner that absorbs sweat.
Is it better to work out with or without underwear?
It’s a matter of personal preference. However, an underwear layer or built-in underwear can absorb sweat that causes bacteria and yeast.
Is it healthier to not wear underwear with leggings?
It’s a matter of personal preference. In short, yeast and bacteria thrive in a moist environment. Your vagina needs plenty of air to breathe so that yeast doesn’t become a problem.
Most of us sweat a lot when we work out, and yoga can be an intense workout. If you wear underwear, it absorbs much of the moisture. The other option is to buy yoga pants that have built-in underwear. Be sure to wash your yoga pants after each use, especially if you don’t wear underwear.